We recognized that while Northeastern University had thriving startup and design communities, they weren’t connected.
To solve this problem, we created a full-service design studio that builds brands and products for Northeastern startups and organized campus-wide events and workshops to create a design-focused community.
Before leaving Northeastern, we established an organizational structure and wrote bylaws that have enabled Scout to continue to grow. There are now students at Northeastern who say they chose the school because Scout exists.
What We Did
- Recruited and managed a team of 30 creatives and coders
- Organized campus-wide events with industry-leading speakers
- Oversaw 13 client projects ranging from student startups to University departments
- Created an organizational structure that allows it to grow
- Scout’s clients have gone on to raise over $3 million in funding
- Scout still exists at the University today under new student leadership each year
- Laura named one of BetaBoston’s 25 Under 25 2015
- Helped form and onboard first members of Scout’s advisory board
“Laura and Connor are a dynamic duo. They have a great understanding of business strategy having worked in and around a lot of companies. They are excited by the challenge of understanding what makes companies tick and then making great design for their clients.”
Dan Gregory, Co-Director, Northeastern University Center for Entrepreneurship Education